This release contains bug fixes to the deviceTRUST Host and Client, and additional minor changes to the deviceTRUST Console.
More details about this release can be found in the release notes.
We are proud to announce that deviceTRUST version 19.1 is now available. With this major release we introduce our new modern deviceTRUST management console which persists its policy into a GPO and is integrated into the Microsoft Group Policy editor.
This console allows IT departments to easily define the business required context from more than 300 unique properties of the endpoint. Based on this business context, actions for contextual desktop access, contextual application access and contextual policies can be defined and managed through the intuitive interface.
We’ve also added full support for the VMware Horizon View product. deviceTRUST now supports all major technologies for virtual application and desktops such as Microsoft RDP, Citrix HDX, Amazon WorkSpaces PCoIP and VMware Blast Extreme, PCoIP and RDP.
Customers are now able to apply deviceTRUST contextual security to their virtual workspace, independent from the platform technology of their choice today or in the future.
More details about this release and further product enhancements like the improved auto-update client, pre-profile trigger and Windows Server 2019 support can be found in the release notes.
We are very proud and excited to release our new deviceTRUST version 18.1. This release includes many new features and capabilities that give our customers even more ways to increase and simplify their context-based security and user experience.
More and more companies are planning to use cloud providers for the provision of a Desktop-as-a-Service. For this reason deviceTRUST now supports Amazon WorkSpaces with all product features and functions. This gives today’s customers the future security for tomorrow’s technologies.
Our deviceTRUST Client for Windows has been significantly simplified and can now be installed for the user via a download link with just a few clicks. In addition, the client now includes an auto-update function that can be controlled centrally by corporate policy. This does not require any further user interaction.
The transmission of device properties within the deviceTRUST protocol is now additionally encrypted end-to-end to further increase data security, providing an additional layer on top of the security provided by the underlying remoting protocols.
Contextual Group Policies within the virtual session can be set based on the context of the endpoint. For example, the screen saver settings within the virtual session can be defined based on the settings of the screen saver on the endpoint on Logon, Reconnect and during session runtime.
We are very proud to announce that deviceTRUST version 17.1 is now available. With this major release, the range of functions and the available context information has been significantly increased. In this way, deviceTRUST makes it possible to use the context of the device as well as the user cross-platform and thus to fulfill the security, compliance and regulatory requirements placed on a modern and flexible digital workspace!
The following functionality has been added in this release:
- Microsoft AppLocker Integration – Dynamic configuration of the Microsoft AppLocker based on the context of the device, e. g. to comply with licensing requirements.
- Application Termination – Close or terminate running applications when context changes occur.
- Double-hop Support – All contextual information is available in all user sessions.
- New Triggers – Two new triggers to perform defined actions: Desktop Starting and Desktop Ready.
- Multilingual support – All user messages available in the deviceTRUST configuration can be displayed multilingual.
New context properties of the device:
- Windows Update Status – Detailed information about the status of Windows updates, including which security updates are missing on the endpoint.
- Windows Defender Status – All status information of Windows Defender including real-time detected threads.
- Additional Windows Firewall Informationen – Name and timestamp of the security components.
- More Windows Action Center Informationen – Name and timestamp of the security components.
- Logical and mapped drives – Number and type of connected logical and mapped drives.
- Carrier Informationen – Network operator with which the mobile phone SIM is registered (for iOS devices).
- Additional region information – Language of the keyboard and keyboard layouts.
- Outgoing Connection – The DNS and IP address of the outgoing connection established by the remoting client.
In addition, the onboarding of iOS devices has been improved considerably in the new version.